Friday, February 24, 2012

Whats the difference between gamestop and gamecrazy?

i been in both of these stores a great number of times and i cant tell the difference from the two, They both have the same games and the amount of them, they look almost identical. i get why there would be different companies for those coffee shops, and even cheese burgers in a way. Us one better then the other, like for prices and services?Whats the difference between gamestop and gamecrazy?
They're pretty similar. I've noted price differences, but no trend as to which is typically cheaper. One will be higher on one game and cheaper on another!



They both have discount cards you can buy for $20. Game crazy has a card they'll reluctantly tell you about that's only $10 and comes without the "free" included magazine subscription. I don't know if gamestop has a similar $10 discount card. They get you the same percentage advantage while trading games.



I've also encountered very helpful employees at both stores.



I developed a preference for game crazy because I had one behind my house and the employees came to know me by name. (Signs I shop for used games too often. Whoops!) They've really gone above and beyond for me, but they had more opportunity to get to know me than the game stop folks.



The major difference I've found is this: Game Crazy has an affiliation with Hollywood Video. Game Stop, to the best of my knowledge, has no affiliation with a rental place. Game Crazy and Hollywood Video will often run promotions that support each other, meaning you can donate a buck to a charity and get a free movie/game rental, or purchase a console and get 12 free game rental coupons (my favorite perk ever!) Our local game stop is great, but it can't offer those things.
Well from my personal experience gamecrazy is better.



My Game Crazy will turn down games if they don't play, and they have an in store disc buffer which Gamestop policy prevents.

They also have games that their mother company Hollywood Videos takes out of circulation, I managed to get my hands on a copy of REZ for a decent price.



They also don't have the annoying habit of asking you if you want to reserve or get a magazine subscription (I know that Gamestop employees will lose their job if they don't, but it's still annoying).



The employees are also pretty cool more intelligent, but that might just be a good store.Whats the difference between gamestop and gamecrazy?
Gamestop is the leading provider in video games. Gamecrazy, yeah they're nothing.
hellooooooooo? the second part of the names? one has stop in it and one has crazy in it

No comments:

Post a Comment