Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Would a turkey burger fast food place or a drive thru convience store make it in today's market?

I dont eat beef so its hard for me to go to fast food places. I get tired of chicken easily. Would you eat at a turkey fast food place surving things like, turkey lasangna, turkey legs and wings, turkey spagetti, turkey hamburgers, dirty rice with turkey, turkey patties, turkey meatloaf...things in that way. If you wouldn't eat there pls tell the truth because I am thinking of opening one. Also this is equally as important, would you shop at a strickly drive thru convinience store? I guess most benefited would people with young babies who dont like taking them in and out of the car. Thanks guys...Muah!Would a turkey burger fast food place or a drive thru convience store make it in today's market?
Restaurants are notorious for being a business that fails most often. That being said, you need to examine your skills and experiences and see if they fit with running a fast food establishment.



Turkey is not the the only menu item you could use. Why not find some health food place and start working there for a while. develop your entire business plan as you gain experience in what people like. I've had some very tasty garden burgers. and I've had some very bad turkey burgers. Broaden your horizons. and take the time to get your plans in order.
yea I would but I can't speak for others.Would a turkey burger fast food place or a drive thru convience store make it in today's market?
I don't personally like the turkey burger idea. I just don't like turkey burgers. Some might though. As far as the drive thru convenience store they are great. I have one around the corner from my house they charge about twice the price but it is sometimes worth it for stuff like soda or milk. They also have a do it yourself carwash that is always full because they charge less than everyone else in town. You will have to check your local laws on alcohol sales. In Cali we have to get out of the car to purchase alcohol.
Realistically, it would do well as a menu item, but not as the main staple of the restaurant. Getting an existing restaurant to carry a turkey burger is a better bet financially.



While many niche markets would support such a restaurant, there are too many beef eaters nation wide to make it outside of those niche markets.
Hi

I'm not a member of the Association of Turkey Basters or anything so don't have great insight into the popularity of or economies in Turkey meat. However, as an Environmental Health Officer (Health Inspector) in the UK I can say that I often inspect fast food/convenience outlets that just don't make much money and they change ownership often. My understanding is that it's a competitive market often with little 'mark-up' for independant traders, long hours and having to deal with a sometimes demanding client-base. Also, what makes a KFT more different to or more appealing than a KFC? I gues the question really is 'whats your unique selling point?'



Whatever happens, good luck.



PS: No idea what the US support network is like (as I say, I'm in sunny England) but there must be a business adviser or start up adviser that might have a better understanding of your local market.

No comments:

Post a Comment