Thursday, February 9, 2012

Is it wise to open a burger van near a diy chain shop?.?

I've seen a guy working a flashy van near a Do It All outlet, and am thinking about doing the same. I've read about turnover, and payments to the manager of the store etc, plus all the other outgoings, but does anyone else have any shortcomings to mention? Or is this great idea?Is it wise to open a burger van near a diy chain shop?.?
I don't see why not. As long as there's pretty good footfall you should see the business, and as long as you're on the same estate as the store but not actually right in their carpark, you're unlikely to get moved on.



EDIT: The guy below mentions something I forgot but which is a good point, which is that you'll be having exactly the right sort of potential customers passing by on the way to and from a DIY store; men doing man things, tradesmen etc, so yes, it's an excellent pitch. If your food is good enough you'll get loads of regulars, and they'll start recommending you to their colleagues and friends. There's a place near where I work which does a roaring trade for just these reasons.
I think its a great idea--I've seen it in England outside 'B%26amp;Q DIY store, and theyre always busy when I visit.

Its a great location because its open all day, unlike a sports venue, and many of the customers are going to be tradesmen who will buy something for breakfast, lunch etc and take back to the worksite for others too. I'm sure you know all that. Get all your grub from costco and off you go. The cold weather would be even better to sell hot grub, and you'd stay warm in the van. English style fish and chips would be a brilliant venture to set up--I thought of it myself a while back but never did anything about it.

Go for it! Good luck



KeefIs it wise to open a burger van near a diy chain shop?.?
Hi there. I own 27 Catering trailers which i rent out at 拢40 per week to people who run them on differant sites. Some including B%26amp;Q in Handforth.



Whenever I speak to them they say the takings on retail parks are far lower than any where else. Most of my trailers are rented to people who take them to industrial estates with factories and warehouses and they do very wll

No comments:

Post a Comment